FOOD: Sushi Mentai USJ

A student with a budget and an endless love for Japanese cuisine (like yours truly) would absolutely love this place:
SUSHI MENTAI


At my visit to the USJ branch which is right next to CIMB bank, I really like how their prices is much cheaper and are on par (in my opinion) with Sushi King and Sakae Sushi.



Started off with green tea (RM 1) as is the case. They provide hot tea in a little jug and if you wanted iced green tea, they'll just provide you with ice. So pretty much self-service I guess but that's good! So we don't have to keep calling the waiter/waitress for refills.


There was only two plates of color; Red (RM 2.80) and Yellow (RM 1.80).
Shocking prices, I know!


Red plate menu


Yellow plate menu 


Unagi


Salmon Mentai 


Takoyaki/Wheat Flour Octopus

This is my third time here and I absolutely love their cold soba with mixed tempura (RM 12.80). You have a choice of having the soba (RM 8.80) alone though, and choose between buckwheat (brown) or chasoba (green). I guess just for a RM 4 top up, you might as well eat your soba with the mixed tempura!


Tenzaru Soba 
(RM 12.80)


Here are some of the other food we ordered:


Chawanmushi RM 3.80 

Each time I go to a Japanese restaurant, I never fail to order this; one of my favorites. Their Agedashi Tofu was pretty good, crispy and not too soft. They're generous with the fish flakes as you can see ;)


Agedashi Tofu RM 4.80


Tori Katsu RM 8.80
Essentially it's Japanese chicken chop ;)


Salmon Sashimi RM 10.90
Tasted really fresh!

All prices are exclusive of service charge (10%) and GST (6%). 
I totally recommend this place for people with low budgets with an avid love for Japanese food :) 
Check out their website here
However, if you don't live near Subang, they've other outlets in Kepong, SS2, Puchong, Kajang and more. Even one outlet in Penang.
See you there! ;)

Sushi Mentai
35, Jalan USJ 9/5S
UEP Subang Business Centre
47620 Subang Jaya
Selangor

Opening hours: 12 noon - 10 pm (Everyday)

0 comments:

Hi There, I am

A budding blogger with a passion for food, wanderlust, fashion & occasionally make up products.